[G4] Palm connection

Winsor Crosby wincros at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 23 17:21:45 PST 2003

On Thursday, January 23, 2003, at 10:56  AM, Anthony Howells wrote:

> I have a Palm Vx (serial model) connected via a Belkin usb pda adapter
> the onboard usb port of a sawtooth G4. But the palm won't talk to
> either
> hotsync or isync. It doesn't seem to make it past the usb adapter. Any
> suggestions?

I used to use a Keyspan adapter for the same purpose. Configuring the
adaptor software itself was very tricky. That was with a Palm IIIc. I
did see something somewhere almost a year ago with some of the Palm
software updates that only the Palm adaptor would work without
problems. There was a work around for others that involved restarting
the computer with the adapter connected if I am not mistaken. You might
have to do it in OS9 until you have a USB Palm. You might try
reconfiguring the adaptor software and doing a restart with the adaptor
plugged in. Have you tried the Palm support pages on the web site? If
you are using OS9 there is also a Control Strip module called HotSynch
CSM that worked wonders for my buggy synch connections. You turn it on
before you synch and turn it off when done. You should be able to find
on one of those control strip module sites. Just do a search.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA