tax software preferences?

Richard Kriss kriss at gbronline.com
Fri Jan 24 06:34:22 PST 2003

> Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2003 08:50:09 -0500
> From: Snoke Jay S NPRI <SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil>
> Subject: Re: [G4] [OT] tax software preferences?
>
> Jim, et al-
> What you have missed is that TurboTax has added a "feature" that locks your
> copy to one computer and one computer only.  Granted, it is an anti-piracy
> feature, but it shouldn't prevent you from having it on more than one
> computer.

I think this 'feature' is unique to the PC version of TurboTax and has not
been implemented in the Mac version.  It is a big PIA and many PC users have
returned the product and are really pissed about the situation.  If Quicken
or whoever now owns the old MacInTax add this 'feature' to the Mac version
next year, I will change.  I do my taxes at home but print them on the
getter printer at the office using my PowerBook. You can not do this with
the PC version of TurboTax. You can only run it on one computer.  You even
have to pay if you purchase a new computer or your hard drive craps out.

They should fire the genius that dreamed up this crazy feature. TurboTax is
a nice package and worth the price but the company sucks big time. This may
be my last year with TurboTax.  We have to pay more for the Mac version but
it seems to be worth the extra cost to ditch the new feture in the less
expensive PC version..