[G4] tax software preferences?

Steve O'Neill steveo at omsoft.com
Fri Jan 24 08:52:00 PST 2003

Richard Kriss wrote:

> They should fire the genius that dreamed up this crazy feature. TurboTax is
> a nice package and worth the price but the company sucks big time. This may
> be my last year with TurboTax.  We have to pay more for the Mac version but
> it seems to be worth the extra cost to ditch the new feture in the less
> expensive PC version..

I used the windoze version last year.  It installed IE5 without asking, and that
always makes my P133 crawl.  So I moved it to my wife's ME machine (which later
self-destructed thank you Moft for your garbage).  Thanks for this heads-up; no
more TurboTax for us.

I used to use Parson's Personal Tax Edge, but Intuit bought it so they could
discontinue it.  Another reason to hate TTax.  PTE was far, far easier to use,
and had none of the crap like that stupid startup sound (and let's hope THAT
never goes anywhere).  "HEY!  THIS GUY'S DOING HIS TAXES!"