[G4] Apple OS Not Compatible with FCC Web

Winsor Crosby wincros at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 28 14:43:16 PST 2003

> In a message dated 1/28/03 7:46:15 AM, kriss at gbronline.com writes:
>
> << I agree with Bob Weller that the FCC should not be wasting our tax
> dollars
> to support the beta Safari browser. Per the FCC it is not a browser
> issue.
> The issue is with the Mac operating system and something to do with
> Java. I
> really do not have a dog in this fight. The bottom line is if you need
> to do
> some online business with the FCC use a coworkers PC that has Explorer
> 5.5
> or greater. Don't waste your time with a Mac.
>
> Dick (soon to be AA5VU)

Gee, I have been using Safari since it was announced and have not found
a web site that does not work with it.  That must be thousands by now.
I doubt if any of them were written to support Safari. It just came out
after all. They must just have a bad web site and admittedly IE is the
king of deciphering bad code.

Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California, USA