Quicksilver/CD Problems

ro shriver ropho at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 08:58:32 PST 2003

Hello -

I have a Quicksilver 867, running System 9.2.2.
The Superdrive has been working flawlessly til
yesterday, when I began experiencing problems with it.

It will burn a CD only sporadically.

Most of the time, a CD will not show up on the
desktop.  It doesn't seem to matter whether it's a
blank or a program CD.  In fact, I can't get my System
CD to show up, nor can I get the Hardware Tester CD to
show up.

It will rattle around in there for a an extended
period of time, and then it will eject the CD.

I've tried resetting the PRAM.  Didn't work.

Additionally, when I try to start the computer with a
CD in the bay, I get a gray screen for an extended
period of time while the CD tries to mount.  I have to
end up restarting with my finger depressing the Eject
button til the CD ejects and the system starts up as
normal.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Ro