[G4] Old vs new G4 -Comments please

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Fri Jan 31 07:00:12 PST 2003

Maurice,
I have the Quicksilver 2002 933 MHz single-processor with the
Superdrive and it does quite well with the iMovie and DVD-burning
applications you are wanting to do. It seems very fast to me and I
would think the single 1GHz machine would work even better. After
adding the Superdrive you would still be $300 under the Dual. I don't
know if iMovie is dual-processor aware or not; maybe somebody else on
the list knows. My $0.02.
I have the .Mac service that I got when it was offered at $49 with 100
free iPhoto prints, which made it essentially free to me. My wife likes
the games that were offered with it, also, so for us it was a pretty
good deal. The email is nice, since I have been using this address
since iTools first came out. You'll have to decide if the add-ons make
sense for you.
Mel