[G4] To buy or not to buy? This is my question....

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Jul 3 11:46:57 PDT 2003

Dear Vernon,
As events have unfolded, everyone like you who bought a new Mac in
early 2003 got over-charged. The "new" stripped down Dual 1.25 GHz
w/2MB L3 cache PER PROCESSOR with NO Airport Extreme and NO FW 800,
256MB RAM, 80MB HD, and Combo Optical using last year's MDD
motherboards is now only $1599 US from Apple and a few other resellers
(maybe). At the Apple Store.com on Tuesday June 24 (the day after the
WWDC SteveNote) this configuration was featured along with the single
1.25 GHz w/1 MB L3 cache. Now it is only possible as a custom build to
order model by changing the $1299 single 1.25 GHz model w/1 MB L3 cache
to a dual 1.25 GHZ G4 w/2 MB L3 cache for a plus $300.

This is a time when one has to be very careful a dealer is not dumping
the early 2003 dual 1.25 GHz FW800 model with only 1 MB L3 cache per
processor for MORE MONEY. I see this happening all over the internet
mail order sites. No doubt it is happening at dealers too since this
new price is below what the stores paid for their inferior dual 1.25
models they are now stuck with.

kunga10 (AIM)

"iChat AV, The Killer App" <http://www.osx-zone.com>
"We're Looking At A Long Period of Labor 'til January"
<http://www.apple-zone.com>
"Verax MDD-FW800 Silence Kit Kills Almost All The Noise"
<http://www.apple-zone.com>
"iPod Software 2.0.1 Update Released" <http://www.ipod-zone.com>