[G4] To buy or not to buy? This is my question....

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Thu Jul 3 12:18:50 PDT 2003

Good points Vern. I agree. For me the booting into 9 and 2MB cache are
worth more than they may be to others. You are probably right for most.
I saw benchmarks that indicated the 2MB L3 cache made a big performance
difference - sometimes huge. But I can't cite any now for lack of
memory where.

kunga10 (AIM)

"iChat AV, The Killer App" <http://www.osx-zone.com>
"We're Looking At A Long Period of Labor 'til January"
<http://www.apple-zone.com>
"Verax MDD-FW800 Silence Kit Kills Almost All The Noise"
<http://www.apple-zone.com>
"iPod Software 2.0.1 Update Released" <http://www.ipod-zone.com>

First Kunga wrote:
>> This is a time when one has to be very careful a dealer is not
>> dumping the early 2003 dual 1.25 GHz FW800 model with only 1 MB L3
>> cache per processor for MORE MONEY. I see this happening all over the
>> internet mail order sites. No doubt it is happening at dealers too
>> since this new price is below what the stores paid for their inferior
>> dual 1.25 models they are now stuck with.

Then On Thursday, July 3, 2003, at 12:10  PM, Vernon LeMoignan wrote
back: