[G4] URGENT Need MAC help desperately

T. Brown / groucho btgroucho at earthlink.net
Sun Jul 6 22:13:05 PDT 2003

On Sunday, July 6, 2003, at 10:04 PM, Kunga wrote:

> I run disk permissions with disk utility and Janitor. What is FSCK -Y?

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear. Reboot while holding down the
Command and S keys. You
will get a black screen with a bunch of white text. Wait until it
finishes scrolling. Type in fsck -y
at the prompt, an hit enter. Wait for it to stop. If it says " volume
OK " type in "reboot" and enter. If it "volume has been modified" type
in fsck -y again and repeat until is says "volume OK". Then type in
reboot. That's it, should take less than two minutes.

groucho