[G4] Safari & IE's bookmarks

John Erdman jperdman at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 14 11:26:16 PDT 2003

Wayne -

A  document in the Apple knowledge base said that it cannot be done
(yet). I've spent the best part of two long session trying to figure
out a way to do it. The closest I can come is to open IE and export the
bookmarks as an html page.  Then open it in Safari as a file. I put the
file on my bookmark bar and it's almost as good as the original...
except that it has lost its hierarchical info.

Beside the uncertainty in the bank on Safari, the feature I most miss
from IE is the "scrap book".  I'm still a novice with OS X but I find
that saving web pages and screen shots is a pain in the ass. Any
suggestion for shareware that might help?

Cheers

John