Blinking Power Light

Erik Gilchrist erikgil at metagrafix.com
Sun Jul 20 09:25:57 PDT 2003

On Saturday, July 19, 2003, at 08:10  AM, Power Macintosh G4 List wrote:
> Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 15:38:17 -0500
> Subject: [G4] Blinking Power Light
> From: rich northouse <rnorthouse at wi.rr.com>
>
> Hi guys,
>
> Possibly another stupid question?   The power light on my G4, 733 Mhz,
> OSX  blinks most of the time. It appears to be blinking a code  2
> short, one long.
>
> Are there "blink" codes?  If so what do they mean and where does one
> find this info?
>
> Thanks
>

> Rich Northouse

I have a sneaking suspicion that a firmware update needs to be applied,
re-applied or not properly applied.  I think it blinks like somewhere
in the middle of the firmware update process.

I forget how I did my dual 867 firmware update but I had to do it a few
times because I did not read the instructions properly. Perhaps try to
apply the firmware update _again_ for your machine.  Somebody correct
me if I am wrong but I think you can do firmware updates multiple times
and nothing will go wrong.

You could also try resetting the _cuda_ button on the motherboard.

Sorry, no more info than that.  And as always, backup, backup, backup
:)
Erik Gilchrist | 973.462.8513
mailto:erikgil at metagrafix.com
erikgil (AIM) | erikgilchrist (iChat)
d e s i g n . d e v e l o p . d e l i v e r
:: http://metagrafix.com
:: http://erikgilchrist.com
:: http://kaitlyngilchrist.com