Formatting larger drives

Melinda mgarrelts at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 22 18:01:49 PDT 2003

I have a 533 Single processor AGP tower.  I recently acquired a 160 gig rive.
Little did I know that I cannot see the full potential of this drive with the
bus speed that I have.  My question is: I had heard that I could put this into
a firewire case to get the full 160 gigs, minus formatting loss, etc.  Is it
true?  I'd be more than happy to wipe the drive to get more than 128 gigs from
this, I really hate the 30 gig loss.  I don't have the $ to get an IDE PCI
controller card, so that option is out.  Any other suggestions?  I am running
10.2.6.

Melinda

=====
There are no stupid questions, just a lot of inquisitive idiots.