[G4] Will a newer video card help?

DILLOMAN at aol.com DILLOMAN at aol.com
Wed Jul 30 02:23:08 PDT 2003

I've got a sawtooth 450MP that had the same ATI 128 AGP card.  I run OS X [almost] exclusively.  I saw on ebay a nvidia ge4mx(?) (64mb), the same card that's in my QuickSilver 1gb MP, and went for it.

It worked like a champ... overall computer was xbenched @ 20% faster - just with the video card.

The worst part was a couple of weeks later, OWC had/has a comparable nvidia ge3 agp card for $65 or $75 bucks!  That's quite a bit less than what I paid on ebay for the bigger brother.

Anyway, go for the video card, you will see an improvement.

BTW, I'm also running 2, 17" displays without a speed hit.  It's awesome for PhotoShop and the like.

Good luck!

--
J. R. Rosen
Armadillo Press-Printing & Graphics