[G4] Mysterious Preferences

db deebee at aon.at
Mon Jun 2 07:27:52 PDT 2003

> Why don't you open them with a text editor and tell us what they
> are?You should also be able to tell when the file was created and/or
> last modified.

yup... very long and involved text strings in all four. At or near the
bottom, in each, two words:

 >Internet
and
 >Explorer

I remember now (a week or two ago) having to use IE to access a Dutch
site for a sound file (stream) and the dates match up close enough I
think. Curiously perhaps, no other browser (I have 'em all) would do
the trick and the link would not work directly in Windows Media Player
either. Haven't used it since, don't know if I will again any time
soon, but I don't see the need to trash the prefs. All seems well -
just curious. Thanks for the nudge Ralph, appreciate it.

db
Herzogenburg, Austria
QS733, etc.