USB input play-through in OS X.2.6

Cameron Kaiser spectre at floodgap.com
Wed Jun 4 09:21:32 PDT 2003

G4 MDD 2x1.25GHz, 10.2.6.

Anyone know of a way to get USB audio input to play through the internal
speakers, like it does in OS 9? I can only get play through to work for the
motherboard audio in, but the Onkyo USB box I have has much better sound
quality. It just won't play through (records silently only).

I tried going into Utilities/Audio MIDI Setup but the Play-through checkbox
is greyed out whenever I select the USB audio input. (It's enabled and
checked for the motherboard audio in.)

I suppose I could just hook up *another set of* speakers to the Onkyo USB's
audio out, but this is clumsy and seems unnecessary just for that.

 Cameron Kaiser, Floodgap Systems Ltd * So. Calif., USA * ckaiser at floodgap.com
-- What you don't mean, can't hurt you. -- Firesign Theater -------------------