[G4] Imic or Powerwave USB audio adapters ?

k k at thirdangel.com
Fri Jun 6 17:12:58 PDT 2003

At 2:44 PM -0500 6/6/03, LRugolo at centurytel.net wrote:

>I came in late on this thread and apologize if I'm repeating
>something already covered. The USB Digital Audio Processor SE-U55
>will do everything the iMic does plus it provides playback quality
>which rivals that of high-end stereo equipment. I have a like-new
>unit which I'm willing to sell if anyone is interested. It works
>with Windows as well as Macintosh.

Oh yeah, one other thing I should mention about USB adapters and
sound - DO NOT get one of these things, any brand, if you intend to
use it when recording multi-track audio, even for home use. The
latency caused by re-routing the audio signal through the USB is
horrific, and will be made even worse if you try it through a hub.

Cheers, Kay