[G4] 970's anyone....?

steve steveschiavo at mac.com
Fri Jun 6 17:56:27 PDT 2003

On Friday, June 6, 2003, at 11:06  AM, Shawn King wrote:

> Is that "40M" 40 million?
>
> If so, you can discount it immediately. Apple doesn't need that many
> chips
> as it doesn't sell that many computers.

Doesn't M mean 1000?

Of course Shawn is correct to suggest restraint when it comes to the
rumor sites.  But, while lacking certainty, it's reasonable to expect
970 based Macs sometime this year.  The question is whether they will
be sitting in the stock rooms at the Apple Stores on June 23, waiting
for The Steve to say, "And one more thing!"

The 970 cpu module -

<http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/photolibrary/photo10.nsf/WebViewNumber/
4935E5FF8088A81087256C5300559C0A?OpenDocument>

The 970 chip die -

<http://www-3.ibm.com/chips/photolibrary/photo10.nsf/WebViewNumber/
11A28A04DD90CA5B87256C5300557D11>

- Steve