[G4] Groupwise?

Jonathan I. Nori JIN at destinyimage.com
Mon Jun 9 10:33:15 PDT 2003

Hi!

Here's the press release from Novell:

http://www.novell.com/news/press/archive/2003/04/pr03015.html

But the relevant part is "...and a new GroupWise® client for Linux* and Mac*, will give Novell customers the ability to leverage existing technology investments while moving their environments forward on an open, standards-based path."

Basically, Novell is releasing an OSX-native Groupwise client later this year, as well as a generic Linux Groupwise client. Rumour has it that the Groupwise server may even be compiled to run on OSX Server and Linux-based servers starting with version 7, but that is entirely unconfirmed.

Hope this is good news to more people than just me. :)

Jon  8^)

-----

I don't need no one to tell me about heaven,
'cause I look at my daughter and I believe;
I don't need no proof when it comes to God and Truth,
'cause I can see the sunset and I perceive.

                                        -- "Heaven", Live

At 7:30 PM -0400 8/6/03, Jonathan I. Nori wrote:

>Fortunately, later this summer Novell is going to blessing us with
>the first Mac Groupwise client in several years. I know three Macs
>at work that are getting it the day it comes out.

Oh really? Do you happen to have a few more details on this?

Kay
--

G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s - http://www.osxfaq.com