2003 Dual 1.25 GHz won't sleep (USB)

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Tue Jun 10 06:50:13 PDT 2003

Subsequent to doing the 10.2.6 update, my computer misbehaves in two areas.

First, it won't sleep.
Second, my Epson Perfection 1200U scanner no longer works.

One of the people at the Genius Bar in my nearest Apple Store suggested I
try making a new user to see if it was a corrupt prefs file. The new user
has the same insomnia.

I tried unplugging my USB hub (to which are attached the scanner, the
charging and sync cradle for the iPAQ 5455 that works with VirtualPC, and a
Dymo LabelWriter. With the hub disconnected, the Mac sleeps.

Now what (obviously, it's USB related, but I'm hoping someone has specific
suggestions).

Thanks so much.

Jim Robertson