Mouse in X, No Mouse in 9

ro shriver ropho at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 11 21:45:45 PDT 2003

Hello -

My IMac seems to have developed a peculiar problem.
The mouse is dead in 9.2.2, but it's fine in X.
I have a LaCie 120 Gig external firewire drive
connected to the computer.  I've tried booting into 9
with the external drive connected and disconnected.
I've tried to rebuild the desktop, but since the mouse
is dead, I really can only get so far with that.  I've
tried starting with extensions off, and still no
mouse.  I've completely unplugged the machine and
replugged it in, no change.  I've rebooted from the
system cd and reinstalled the mouse software, and
still no change.
There is no light in the mouse at all and the cursor
is frozen on the screen.
If I boot into X, everything is fine.
Any ideas?  This problem just started tonight,
computer and mouse have worked fine for a year.

Ro