[G4] Mouse in X, No Mouse in 9

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Wed Jun 11 23:53:39 PDT 2003

You didn't say what type of mouse you are using or whether you have tried
using a different mouse? If you have a third-party mouse, I suggest that you:

Boot into OS-X and use the visible mouse to delete the mouse preferences from
the OS-9 System's Preferences folder. You can also put the entire Preference
folder in the trash temporarily.

Then, reboot into OS-9. The mouse preference setting (or all your
preferences) should be recreated when you reboot.

If the mouse does not appear in OS-9, then try:

Boot to a OS-9 installation CD and see if the mouse works. If it does, then I
suggest a re-install of your OS-9 by doing a "clean install". You can then
boot to the new OS-9 System and determine if the mouse is fixed or not.

If it is fixed - problem solved. If not - then I suggest considering TechTool
Pro or Norton System Tools to examine your system files for corruptions.