[G4] Mouse in X, No Mouse in 9

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jun 12 08:36:55 PDT 2003

Hey,

Since it works in X and not 9 we can almost assume its an extension
problem of some sort. Since there is no light in the mouse, that means
the USB bus isn't feeding it any power, or the keyboard in which it's
plugged into isn't feeding it enough power. Try checking over your USB
extensions and check all of those. What you may want to try to see if
it is the keyboard, unplug your mouse and plug it into one of the ports
on the back of the machine to see if there is a light. Then you know
it's your keyboard not delivering enough power. Why it works in X is a
mystery to me.

CJ