[G4] Britannica 2002 Standard Edition

Andrew Keller rellekwerdna at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 19 21:39:50 PDT 2003

At 11:51 AM -0700 6/19/03, skygram at canada.com wrote:
>Lately I cannot use Britannica. It crashes everytime I
>begin a search.
>
>Could this be an incompatibilty with Java 1.4.1? Or is
>it a Jaguar  thing?
>
>I have gone to the Britannica web site and I can't find
>anything related to OS-X.

I noticed this some time ago and have not thought about it since.
There is now new tech support for this, especially regarding use with
Jaguar. Unfortunately, the issues do not include ours. There is an
e-mail link for Jaguar problems. I'll send something to them soon.

The patch is for a different Jaguar Java issue. I tried it and no luck.

Britannica offers a substantial discount for 2003 versions. Although
I'm not happy with 2002 ceasing to function, the 2003 discount looks
like it might be easier.

http://support.britannica.com/

2002 standard
http://support.britannica.com/2002/cdse/mac/index.htm