[G4] clean keyboard

Greg Manzie gmanzie at bigpond.net.au
Fri Jun 27 21:13:49 PDT 2003

>Anyone have any suggestions on how to clean the keys on the
>keyboard?  They seem greasy and Im not sure what to use to clean
>them.  Dont want to get any cleaners down inside.
>
>Thanks
>
>Jerry
>

>----------
>G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
>FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
>Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.
>
>XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
>Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>
>
>Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
>Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>
>
>Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
>--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |
>
>MacResQ Specials: LaCie SCSI CDR From $99! PowerBook 3400/200 Only
>$879! Norton AntiVirus 6 Only $19! We Stock PARTS!
><http://www.macresq.com>
>
>OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
>http://www.osxfaq.com

Jerry

You can turn your keyboard upside down and blow any dust out with
compressed air at low pressure. To clean the finger marks and grease,
use ammonia in water diluted to household cleaner strength. In
Australia that can be purchaced at a supermarket. Use cotton buds (I
think you call them Q tips) or ladies make-up pads to apply small
amounts of the liquid to the dirty areas. This will prevent any water
from getting into the works.

Ammonia water evaporates away completely and will not harm the plastic.

Regards
Greg Manzie  (Art restorer in Australia)