[G4] More CPU for G4 450.

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Jun 29 09:46:14 PDT 2003

Well Joe,
You and I are similar in our perception of and solution to the power
issue. Two months ago I bought the last refurbished dual 867 at Small
Dog for $1347 because I thought that was the end of the 9 bootable Macs.

When This "new" dual 1.25 came out on Tuesday morning for $1599 I did
not hesitate to buy it and plan to sell my dual 867 for more than I
paid for it because it boots 9 and because I was able to populate it
with 512 MB more RAM from Office MAX for FREE and I have a bunch of
small (25, 40, 60) 7200 RPM HDs laying around here that I can add to it
as well. Plus I had the foresight (as I will with the dual 1.25) to
REMOVE the original Apple HD and Combo drives before ever turning the
computer on so I will be able to deliver a NEW HD and Optical to the
buyer.

I also have the Verax Silent Fan System from Germany that brings the
noise factor under control.

it comes down to how much credit Tiger can wield to step up from one of
the oldest G4's to the last and possibly the best and most powerful
(because it boots 9 unlike the dual 1.43) G4's that will ever be made.

NOTE: This "new" dual 1.25 MDD is SUPERIOR to this year's FW800 model
because it has the 2MB L3 cache on each chip.

"We're Looking At A Long Period of Labor 'til January"
<http://www.apple-zone.com>
"Verax MDD-FW800 Silence Kit Kills Almost All The Noise"
<http://www.apple-zone.com>
"iPod Software 2.0.1 Update Released " <http://www.ipod-zone.com>
"iChatStatus Adds iTunes Song Playing To Your Buddy ID "
<http://www.osx-zone.com>