[G4] LCD Monitor Question

Fred Thiel thiel at mynewroads.com
Sun Jun 29 11:15:30 PDT 2003

>If you turn off the Mac for fear of power spikes from the thunderstorms, you
>should do the same for the monitor.
>
>BTW, simply turning it off *may not* protect from spikes. Pulling the plug
out of the wall will. :-)

I've got a very good surge suppresser to help with spikes, it's the
power outages I try to prevent from possibly harming the equipment.

And I do pull the plug when it starts getting hairy. One time it blew
out one leg of my 220 V. dryer outlet. Although Arkansas is not as
bad as Florida about lightning, it does get bad at times, here.