[G4] LCD Monitor Question

Doug LaBore dlabore at mn.rr.com
Sun Jun 29 12:46:18 PDT 2003

> On 6/28/03 11:16 PM, "Fred Thiel" <thiel at mynewroads.com> wrote:
>
>> > I have a NEC MultiSync LCD 1830. Due to unexpected power outages and
>> > thunderstorms, I turn my Mac off at night and when I'm at work.
>> > However, I don't turn off the monitor. I leave the power on and I
>> > wonder if I should turn it off when I turn off the computer.

There¹s also the option of adding a UPS ( uninterruptible power supply )
these units have batteries that actually power your equipment and the house
power charges the batteries.  These units aren¹t that expensive ( $ 69 ­ 149
) depending on how big a unit you purchase. I have a 1400 W job that powers
two computers & monitors a printer and a couple hubs and router and when the
local power goes out I can just continue on my merry way for another hour or
so before I have to start shutting things down in an orderly matter, most of
the time the power returns before I have to start the shutdown sequence....

--
Doug LaBore
Bloomington Minnesota