[G4] clean keyboard

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Mon Jun 30 10:38:01 PDT 2003

Consider using "Goo-Gone" liquid cleaner and foam swabs to clean the key
surfaces. Do not soak the swabs, only use a light spray or a couple of drops of
cleaner at a time. Wipe dry with a lint-free cloth after cleaning.

I read that taking newer keyboards apart for complete cleaning can result in
total failure to operate because of the fragility of the conductive films
being used and the misalignment of the films during re-assembly.

In other words - Only do this if you have a spare keyboard handy and are very
mechanically experienced. So, I don't try this at home. Anyway, keyboards are
cheap on eBay.