[G4] ATA/133 card advice

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Tue Mar 4 05:42:33 PST 2003

SIIG and acard and sonnet are all the same (all use the same acard
chipset) i have a SIIG branded ata-133 non-raid card with 2 120GB WD SE
8MB cache drives, they work wonderfully, and i get great speeds off of
them (used for DV). the great thing about the SIIG (not sure about the
sonnet) is that i can use either SIIG or acard firmware updates, both
work equally well.
the toughest thing about the card/install was trying to route 2 more
ide cables through the inside of my quicksilver case...

peace
sandor