[G4] Dual Display Video Card for VGA monitors

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Tue Mar 4 17:25:04 PST 2003

You don't have many choices in the Mac world for PCI video cards. Right
now the only retail card available that I know of is the ATI Radeon
7000. The Radeon Mac Edition PCI was more powerful in both 2D and 3D,
but I don't know if it is selling at retail anymore. The rest of ATI's
cards are AGP. Unless you want to go through a lot of ROM-flashing
gyrations there are no NVidia PCI cards for the Mac. Formac made the
ProFormance III, but I don't think there are any OS X drivers. It is no
longer at retail, either. I would recommend trying eBay for the Radeon
Mac Edition.
Mel