[G4] Dual Display Video Card for VGA monitors

Goldberg, Franck (x2187) FGOLDBERG at PBWT.COM
Wed Mar 5 07:34:13 PST 2003

Do I understand this correctly: If I keep the GE Force 2MX, and install an
ATI Radeon in the PCI slot, I will have dual monitor display - not only
mirroring but desktop extension as well- from the Monitor control panel in
X?
Thanks.

-----Original Message-----
From: Mel [mailto:mkrewall at mac.com]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 8:25 PM
To: Power Macintosh G4 List
Subject: Re: [G4] Dual Display Video Card for VGA monitors

You don't have many choices in the Mac world for PCI video cards. Right
now the only retail card available that I know of is the ATI Radeon
7000. The Radeon Mac Edition PCI was more powerful in both 2D and 3D,
but I don't know if it is selling at retail anymore. The rest of ATI's
cards are AGP. Unless you want to go through a lot of ROM-flashing
gyrations there are no NVidia PCI cards for the Mac. Formac made the
ProFormance III, but I don't think there are any OS X drivers. It is no
longer at retail, either. I would recommend trying eBay for the Radeon
Mac Edition.
Mel

On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 02:17 PM, Goldberg, Franck (x2187) wrote:

> What video card should I get for dual display, with two Viewsonic VGA
> monitors?  This is a PC work environment.  Our Mac is a 'digital
> audio'G4
> 733/133, currently with an AGP GE Force 2MX, running Jaguar 10.2.4.
> This is
> for graphic/photo work, not gaming.
> Thanks.

> -------
> Privileged/Confidential Information may be contained in this message.
> If you
> are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for
> delivery
> of the message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this
> message to
> anyone.  In such case, you should destroy this message and kindly
> notify the
> sender by reply email.  Please advise immediately if you or your
> employer
> do not consent to Internet email for messages of this kind.

> =======
>

> ----------
> digest.

> Cameras |

> $879!

> http://www.osxfaq.com

----------
G4ist, a listserv for discussion of everything G4.
FAQ at <http://www.themacintoshguy.com/lists/G4.html>.
Send a message to <G4-DIGEST at themacintoshguy.com> to switch to the digest.

XRouter | Share your DSL or cable modem between multiple computers!
Dr. Bott | Now $139.99      <http://www.drbott.com/prod/xrouter.html>

Dr. Bott LLC   4-port USB Hub in translucent Graphite!
Dr. Bott LLC   <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ghub.html>

Small Dog Electronics   http://www.smalldog.com  | Canon Digital Cameras |
--Quicksilver & refurbished G4's arriving daily! |   and Camcorders!!    |

OS X News, Dr.Mac, Forums, Tutorials, Tips, Hints, FAQ?s -
http://www.osxfaq.com