[G4] CPU Stability Testers?

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Thu Mar 6 15:23:53 PST 2003

http://distributed.net/

run the rc-72 client for about 2-3 days straight. you will see just how
stable your cpu is. many of the guys at www.xlr8yourmac.com run rc-72
as a test for the stability of the processor, and it seems to show many
flaws that other "processor intensive" activities dont. perhaps it has
to do with the data flow, use of the vector processing engine, etc.
when i overclocked my g3 266 to 350, it ran fine except for running the
client. i provided a small voltage tweak, and it ran perfect (voltage,
rather than heat, was the problem) havent yet had the guts to solder my
QS 867, so i havent personally tested it with a G4 in the same way.

peace
sandor

ps the rc-72 client is free, tech tools isnt/