[G4] Step by step update to Jaguar, please.

Jim Asherman jimash at optonline.net
Thu Mar 6 16:22:12 PST 2003

On Thursday, March 6, 2003, at 04:27  PM, Ralph Garrett wrote:

> On Thursday, Mar 6, 2003, at 15:10 US/Central, Jim Asherman wrote:
>
>> A nice thought but you would still be short of any suitable user
>> interface for your DVD.
>
> If you're watching ("seeing", playing) the MPG-2 file with QT you
> already have a user interface. If you need to watch a DVD, use DVD
> Player.
When I say "see" I mean having the files show up in a file requester.
(archaic term)
iDVD hides the mpeg2 files so that no other app can "see" them.

>> iDVD does indeed do the conversion but in my experience does not allow
>> for
>> converting to mpeg2 and then accessing those mpeg2 files for any other
>> purpose than a DVD made with iDVD.
>
> Exactly my point, QT (or QT Pro) should be able to export MPG-2 files
> without buying DVD Studio Pro.
>
> Ralph

Plus the files QT pro creates with the DVDSP plug-in are separate video
and audio files
unsuitable for distribution without further massage .
I sort of understand that you have something other than DVD's in mind.
Jim