[G4] Any way to have Audio input for G4?

Charles Turner turnercl at missouri.edu
Fri Mar 7 06:20:46 PST 2003

On Friday, March 7, 2003, at 07:13  AM, Power Macintosh G4 List wrote:

> Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2003 17:40:24 -0800 (PST)
> From: "David M. DeFelice" <ddef50 at yahoo.com>
> Subject: [G4] Any way to have Audio input for G4?
>
> I need to have audio input to take cassette tapes and re-record
> them onto a CD (song Tracks).  Any suggestions? I have a G4-733
> with no audio input.

One option that I  haven't seen mentioned yet is the one that I use:
the MOTU-828 Firewire attached audio unit. I use this with my G4/733
and with my iBook. However, this is somewhat expensive commercial level
equipment.

I'm considering getting an iMic for my iBook to use with my little Sony
stereo microphone (presumably that will work). Sometimes I want to
record live stereo into the laptop but don't want to deal with the 828
setup, ie. the power cords, condenser mics, mic cables, mic stands.

-ct