[G4] Any way to have Audio input for G4?

Cameron Kaiser spectre at stockholm.ptloma.edu
Fri Mar 7 06:41:25 PST 2003

> > I need to have audio input to take cassette tapes and re-record
> > them onto a CD (song Tracks).  Any suggestions? I have a G4-733
> > with no audio input.
>
> One option that I  haven't seen mentioned yet is the one that I use:
> the MOTU-828 Firewire attached audio unit. I use this with my G4/733
> and with my iBook. However, this is somewhat expensive commercial level
> equipment.

I bought a Onkyo USB audio processor that has line level controls, mike and
line in, as well as digital out and a 3-port USB hub, and a nice collection
of software including Peak LE. It cost around $40-45 at Fry's and has
performed very well for my G4 MDD.

 Cameron Kaiser, Point Loma Nazarene University * ckaiser at stockholm.ptloma.edu
-- If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ----------------------