[G4] Three monitor Finder oddity

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Fri Mar 7 13:04:07 PST 2003

At 13:29 -0500 3/7/03, Darin Ames wrote:
>Three display setup, Left to Right:

You don't say where your menu bar is.

I have four monitors - all CRT and not nearly so new as yours. Menu bar is on the center with two monochromes 1200 or so wide left and right and a 640x480 above and centered. No problems until I attempt to use X-11.

The zero of Apple's screen space is at the top left of the menu bar. You should be able to to to +/- 16384 pixels from that. Positive means right and down.

Fou use with X-windows - which has nothing to do with MacOS neXt - Apple converts to all positive space with 0,0 at the far upper left of the rectangle which encloses all monitors. That gives me fits with X-11 because some UNIX apps want to put their initial windows a bit down and right of (0,0) where I have no monitor. It is conceivable that the X-windows conversion is going farther into the system than is intended by Apple.

Try moving your menu bar to the right monitor and see what happens. I think you can still drag it there with the monitors control panel - or whatever the OS neXt equivalent is.

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, but not thoroughly, thought through.