[G4] Three monitor Finder oddity

Darin Ames darinames at crooner.com
Fri Mar 7 23:30:33 PST 2003

on 3/7/03 4:04 PM, Doug McNutt at douglist at macnauchtan.com wrote:

Doug,

Thanks for chiming in. I had posted this issuer to an Mac OS X list and not
a single person replied, so I really do appreciate your ideas.

My menu bar is on the center screen. I just tried it on the right display
(where the problem is) and the same issue occurred. As an experiment, I
arranged the right display to be under the center one. With this
arrangement, the problem was gone. Naturally, this is not a very natural
screen layout to deal with, so I'm back to dealing with my little forbidden
zone.

As another test I wiped a drive and installed 10.2 from scratch, testing the
display and spanned desktop as I went through updates. The problem was
present from a plain 10.2 all the way through to 10.2.4. So, this is at
least a 50% Mac OS X issue. The other part may be the video card and the way
Mac OS X handles it. Unfortunately, I don't have another MultiLink adapter
to try something like a Radeon 7000.

Any other ideas are very much appreciated.

Darin