Apple RAM or Third Party RAM?

Anne Keller-Smith earthpigz at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 12 13:57:46 PST 2003

Hi,

Do you all buy Apple RAM or third-party RAM? Reason I ask is Apple
has suggested some OSX flakiness may be due to the RAM that came
with the machine (free 128 MB RAM deal from Macwarehouse).

Most likely it is the Adaptec 2906 SCSI card or the USB hub, but I'm
just wondering what you all recommend - buy only Apple RAM?

Now you want to know what kind of flakiness - seem to be kernel
panics (command line stuff over GUI, frozen screen). It clears up
on reboot BUT seems to happen rather too frequently for OSX,
say twice in one evening.

I haven't been in OS X much yet so I can't really tell what is
going on, even as to frequency of the phenomenon because I've
only booted into X maybe five times and been on it about an
hour and a half each time. It is OSX.1 and I am going to upgrade
it to Jaguar this week so maybe the flakiness will go away.

All is fine in OS 9.1.2.

Anne Keller Smith, Webdesign
mailto:earthpigz at earthlink.net     http://www.earthpigz.com
Please no attachments! Thanks.