[G4] Compatible Printers With Jaguar 10.2.4

sr ferenczy srf7425 at rit.edu
Thu Mar 13 14:41:20 PST 2003

as i normally do, i would recommend the epson 820. its a $99 printer
that has great quality, 6 color, decent speed, and a good price. fyi,
it is the same print head as the epson 1280, only in a 8 1/2 x 11 print
size. at work i have used an hp 5550 and a 990cse... both are horrid
for photos and are way over priced compared to the 820. the 825 and the
960? epsons are the same print heads as the 820, only they have the
capability to print directly from a cf card, something i never need.

just to give you an idea of the 820/1280 quality, i graduated from one
of the top photography schools in the US, and myself as well as many of
my friends printed our portfolios on these printers. what did the
commercial photographers say when they saw our portfolios during job
interviews??  "wow, you said you printed all of these images yourself?
i didnt know anyone spent that much time in the color darkrooms anymore"

suffice it to say, the quality was superb.

peace
sandor