G4 problem

Matthew Wensley mwensley at sympatico.ca
Sat Mar 15 09:32:54 PST 2003

I bought a new dual processor 1.25 G4 in February, and have faithfully
run software update every week.

But I am having some annoying problems. Often, upon waking from sleep,
the monitor settings have changed from 1024X 778 @ 75 Hz to 800X600 @
56 Hz.

I am also finding that SETI at home has "unexpectedly quit" and although
the screen saver is not running, seti is in the applications menu (I'm
running Drag Thing) and I have to use force quit to get rid of Seti.

I contacted Apple, and they said to initialize the disk, and reinstall
all my software, which I spent last weekend doing.  But the problem is
happening again.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Matt