G4, airport, iMovie and QT

Jim Reamer jna1322 at mac.com
Sun Mar 23 15:39:32 PST 2003

Hello,
    I have a G4 933, 512 with SuperDrive and a TiPB 1G, 512 without
SuperDrive. I recently finished a 38 minute video project on iMovie3 on
the PB, exported it as QT/full quality DV. I then sent this to my G4
via AirPort. The transfer was almost instantaneous. I expected it to
take awhile. When I went to open the file on my G4, I got an error
message (Clip 12 missing) and (error 128). I repeated the process
several times after checking my settings. Finally, it opened. When I
tried to play it, only the first few seconds would play. Then the sound
went dead and the video continued in jumps that were separated by
several minutes. It finally finished the whole thing but it took
forever. I allowed it to continue because I was still puzzled by the
instant transfer over airport and I thought the odd behavior was part
of transfer sequence. But when it was over and I tried to play it
again, it behaved in the same manner. Does anybody know why this
transferred so badly? I have shared files in this same setup
successfully in the past.  I am using 10.2.4 without any complaints, QT
is 6.1.

    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jim