DVD region-free update

db deebee at aon.at
Sun Mar 30 08:51:51 PST 2003

Pioneer DVR-A05 RPC1 (region free) firmware released
<http://www.cdrinfo.com/>

note: this is not in response to a specific, recent post... but it does seem to
be an
ongoing thread and since I just stumbled on this I thought I should pass it on:

> As it seems, it taken some extra time, but a region free firmware came out for
> the DVR-A05 (105) of course unofficially! The patched firmware is the latest
> version (1.30) and as the "The Pioneer Region Free DVD firmware page" says
> "...2x and 4x speed selection for 1x media should be introduced later on...".

the d/l is here:
<http://pioneerdvd.rpc1.org/DVR-105%20v1.30%20-%20RPC-1.zip>

good news for me at least, now to see if it flies....
db, Austria