2002 quicksilver (Mar 2002) - adding second hard drive

jrs jrsski at attbi.com
Sun Mar 30 09:10:14 PST 2003

  Great to know about the requirement for the ATA 133 card so I can
access the entire  200gb in my new and soon to arrive hard drive. Thanks
so much for the feedback! The drive apparently ships with a controller
card that allows me to access the entire 200gb. The drive transfer rate
with this controller card is limited to 100 megabytes per second as
opposed to 133 megabytes per second with an ATA 133 card.
Question...Will my Quicksilver 933 mhz machine (purchased in 3/2002)
support transfer rates as high as 133MBS? If not, I'll simply use the
controller card (Promise Ultra-100TX2) that ships with the hard drive. TIA