[G4] Internal Hard Drive over 120 GB?

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Sun May 4 16:47:19 PDT 2003

I would like to ask this question:

If the ATA IDE controller cannot recognize a hard drive of more than 128Gb,
would it be able to recognize a "partitioned" hard drive larger than 128Gb if
the partitions were smaller than 128Gb?

In my experience, partitioning a hard drive makes the drive "appear to be two
or more separate drives" with separate qualities and capacities. I say this
because I used a partitioned hard drive to run Virtual PC and the Mac behaved
like it had two drives installed. Or, maybe it was the PC OS that was
installed on the smaller partition that made it behave like a separate drive?

I stopped using any PC emulator software when I retired and didn't have to be
compatible with the rest of the computers in the union. I feel better now!