[G4] PCI ethernet cards

Mel mkrewall at mac.com
Sun May 4 19:40:34 PDT 2003

Cheap generic ethernet cards that use Realtek ethernet chips (such as
the RT8139 series) may or may not have Mac drivers in the box, but
Realtek has Mac OS 8.5, 8.6, 9.x and 10.0.4, 10.1.x, and 10.2.x drivers
on their web site at:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloads1-
3.aspx?lineid=1&famid=3&series=All&Software=True
You might need to do a little research, but there are a lot of very
inexpensive cards (I got mine for about $8 US) that will work. If you
have a card you can look at the controller chip on it and it should
have the odd little crab-looking logo, which is the Realtek symbol.
Virtually any card that uses the RT8139 chip will work in your Mac with
the drivers from Realtek.
Hope this helps,
Mel