Beige G3toG4/CCC question...

Snoke Jay S NPRI SnokeJS at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Mon May 5 12:03:07 PDT 2003

All-
	I've upgraded a beige G3 to a 500 MHz G4, 768 MB RAM, OrangeMicro USB/Firewire card.  I had put OS X on the original 4 GB HD that came with it, and had an additional 20 GB internal hooked up on the same bus.  It is now time to finish the upgrade process, and I'd like to replace that original 4 GB HD with another 20 GB.  I've tried CCC but had no success whatsoever in getting a drive that I can boot from.  The psync does not work, the blessing of the drive does not work, and in general, I'm very frustrated in so much that I've tried about a dozen times to perform this to no avail.  I've looked on Bombich's website, and it is little help.  I haven't found anything in the help that explicitly details the differences for beiges...save for the blessing of the drive.

	Has anyone managed to do this successfully?  If so, how did you do it?  Please describe in detail, or point me someplace to read how?

	tia-
	Jay Snoke