[G4] safari beta2

Tracker at aol.com Tracker at aol.com
Tue May 6 11:49:04 PDT 2003

In my experience, you have to set the preferences to disable the default
browser selection that many browsers create when you install them.

During the installation procedure, there was a window that asked if you
wanted Safari to be your default browser. If you ignored that window and
proceeded apace, Safari would have disabled all other browsers and become the
default program that would always be used when you try to access the internet.

I simply entered a check mark in the box that said "No, I do not wish Safari
to be my default browser." I currently have copies of Netscape Navigator,
Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Safari, and Camino on my G3 Wallstreet. Each of
these programs is available on the dock and I can run them separately or
simultaneously in pairs and triples (that makes it easier to keep an eye on
the eBay bidding I get involved in).

Go into the preferences for Safari and look for a setting that makes Safari
the default browser. Uncheck that selection and you should be able to use any
browser that you install (as long as you don't make one of them the default
program all over again....{8-P...).

Good luck,
Ron