iTunes support

csean at poc.it csean at poc.it
Wed May 28 00:14:38 PDT 2003

Hi,
I've been unsuccessful in my attempts to hack the Authoring Support plugin
to get iTunes support for my Samsung Combo drive. Anyone had any luck with
hacking plugins?
I followed the instructions at the xlr8yourmac web site (I tried with
Resedit/Forker and with BBedit), but no joy. Frustrating, given all the
successful reports, but maybe my Combo just isn't supported.

Anyway, just to check: when I opened up a copy of the Samsung Authoring
Support plugin with Resedit/Forker in OS 9.2.2, there was the model number
of only ONE Samsung optical drive (SW-something), which I changed to the
number of my Combo. But no luck in either 9.2.2 or 10.2.6.

Is it normal for only ONE model number to be in the plugin? I ask only
because maybe I've been missing something re. hacking the plugin.

Thanks.

Chris