[G4] Apple laserwriter 8500 and Jaguar

John McGibney ncicchek at optonline.net
Wed May 28 06:10:06 PDT 2003

on 5/28/03 8:15 AM, Power Macintosh G4 List at G4 at lists.themacintoshguy.com
wrote:

> Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 09:36:22 +0200
> Subject: [G4] Apple laserwriter 8500 and Jaguar
> From: <csean at poc.it>
>
> Hi,
>
> I have the chance to pick up the behemoth 8500 at a great price, but I
> haven't been able to find any info on whether it's supported in Jaguar.
>
> The 8500 PPD's got installed with the basic Jaguar install (I'm running
> 10.2.6), so... should I assume (risky) that it works?
>
> Anyone using an 8500 with Jaguar?
>
> I probably would've looked at other (smaller!) laser printers, but the price
> is right, especially as it has the Ethernet port.
>
> Anyone know if TCP/IP printing for multiple Macs and the 8500 would be
> supported under Jaguar?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Chris

I have a G3 equipped 9500 running Jaguar. Its possible on the 8500 but 2
things must be done.
1. buy and install a G3 or G4 processor upgrade.
2. install XPostFacto on your machine (freeware).

Also you'll need lots of ram, 512 or better for optimum performance. And a
hard drive of 4 or more gigs for a roomy install.

Subscribe to the PCI powermac list for further details and help.
<http://lowendmac.com/>

John