[G4] My huge problems in upgrading to Panther

CJ Scaminaci halogenius at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 2 07:03:29 PST 2003

I walked into my local Apple store yesterday and purchased my copy of
Panther. I opened it in the middle of the store to make sure I didn't
get a bad CD 2. Mine were fine. I brought it home and upgraded my
PowerBook G4, wow am I impressed. The installation went without a
problem and I really love Panther. My boot time went from about 1 1/2
minutes on my 1Ghz Powerbook with 512MB RAM to about 51 seconds. I also
installed XCode and that really impressed me as well. So far Panther
hasn't given me any problems, but I'll be installing it on my Sawtooth
later today, so we'll see then. My two cents.

CJ